Water Intake & Water Treatment Screens
Turning the Tide in the Water Industry
Quality Screens for Water Intake and Treatment
Hendrick Screen offers various options — such as T-intakes, half intakes, drum screens and flat panels — all designed to be 316(b) compliant. Additionally, we have an engineering group dedicated to water intake and water treatment screens, thus ensuring you have the right screen for your particular application.
Hendrick manufactures cost-effective water intake screens in stainless steel or copper-nickel. We produce intake screens in multiple sizes and configurations, including half intakes for shallow water conditions. A customizable Airburst system is available to optimize performance and reduce cleaning costs. Our products are National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) approved and 316(b) compliant.
Water Intake Screen Configurations
- T-intake screens
- Drum screens
- Flat panels
- Half-barrel intake screens *
- Optional Airburst Cleaning Systems
Water Intake Filter Screen Products
Hendrick manufactures T-intake screens with flexible, cost-effective designs. Flow modifiers maximize flow equalization, reduce head loss and minimize costs. For shallow-water applications, we offer a patented* half-barrel intake screen. This screen has the same flow characteristics as the T-intake screens, but it’s designed for shallow creeks and rivers where the full-size version won’t work.
Drum-style intake screens are ideal for use in lakes and reservoirs where there isn’t a linear flow pattern. They are also the best solution for installations where there are space restrictions that won’t allow a T-intake style screen to be utilized. Drum screens can be installed vertically or horizontally and can be customized based on a specific project’s intake requirements.
Benefits of Our Water Intake Filter Screens:
- Passive — no moving parts
- Reduced operating costs
- Minimum clogging
- Maximum water flow
- Multiple designs accommodate deep to shallow depths
- Compliant with Section 316(b) of the Clean Water Act
- Airburst cleaning system available
- Available in corrosion-resistant materials
Copper-Nickel Water Intake Screens
Hendrick offers Profile Bar and Resistance Welded Wedge Wire water intake screens that are made with copper-nickel. Copper-nickel differs from other alloys, delivering practical and economical advantages with high reliability. Hendrick uses 90/10 and 70/30 copper-nickel alloys, which are widely used for sea water applications and environments where zebra mussels are present.
- ADDED CORROSION RESISTANCE: If marine corrosion is a concern, especially in saltwater conditions, water intake screens made from copper-nickel will minimize the corrosion rate. Failure due to stress corrosion cracking (SCC), crevice and general corrosion is greatly reduced.
- RESISTANCE TO BIOFOULING: The accumulation of biological matter on the intake screen can restrict water flow, decreasing its efficiency. Copper-nickel is proven to provide an unwelcoming environment for organisms, leading to reduced biofouling and increased performance.
Passive Water Intake Screens
Passive screening admits water through the intake point at a low, uniform velocity. Water passes through the water intake screen while debris and aquatic life remain in the water. Screens may be placed far from the shore for better water quality and lower concentrations of marine life and debris. With no moving parts, passive screens are reliable and easy to maintain.
Airburst Cleaning Systems
As experienced water intake screen suppliers, Hendrick Screen has more than four decades of experience and technical expertise in resistance-welded and Profile Bar screens. We offer screens in several configurations and materials, in a wide variety of sizes, shapes and precision openings. The goal of our engineering team is to provide the most efficient screen design for your unique application. We’re always ready to help solve technical problems and assist in designing the most advantageous screen placement.
"Very responsive to inquiries. Staff seems to have a lot of integrity."
"Excellent screen design and fabrication."
* U.S. Patent No. 9,255,372