Architectural Sun Control
What’s New Under the Sun?
More Shade, Less Cost
With ever-rising energy costs, architects and developers are increasingly seeking new and innovative ways to control the temperature and climate conditions inside buildings. Hendrick Architectural manufactures metal sunscreens and sunshades, both of which are efficient ways to manage the amount of sunlight entering a building and provide interior sun control. Architectural sunshades and sunscreens are simply metal canopies and awnings that block unwanted light — and add beauty at the same time.
Perforated exterior sun control products from Hendrick are designed to allow a comfortable amount of sunlight into an office, store or any temperature-sensitive building, lowering cooling and heating costs. For new or existing structures, Hendrick offers several standard architectural sunshade designs with a variety of hole patterns, surface finishes and coatings to match your project’s style. Our standard ready-to-install sunshade designs are fabricated with the appropriate bracket for attaching to different materials: steel substrate, lintel, block substrate or curtain wall.
In addition to our standard architectural metal sun control devices, Hendrick offers architects and designers our expertise and experience for custom plans, specified according to their requirements. Our customization capabilities give you the option to request various panel sizes, different patterns or even include logos or branding stamped into the metal. No matter what you envision, we have the skills and expertise to deliver it.
Advantages of Our Architectural Sun Control Products
- Standard and custom shading designs built to your specs
- Create the desired visual effect with a variety of colors and finishes
- Perforated options offer choice of hole pattern, surface finish and coating
- Full customization available to meet your one-of-a-kind vision or construction demands
- High-quality, durable materials
- Excellent lead times
- Online tools, dimensions and specifications
- LEED credit for recycled content and energy savings
- Expert design and engineering assistance available
As the leaders in architectural metal, no one can offer you higher levels of excellence than Hendrick. To learn more or to get started on your sunshade project today, reach out to one of our representatives.